Thursday, April 30, 2009

Planning to build a PS3 arcade joystick

I got SFIV in March and I can't find a decent deal on a decent joystick for the game. Most of the Madcatz FightStick models have been bought out and are selling on eBay for way more than retail. Soooooo...

I've decided to make my own. Thanks to a lot of advice from shoryuken.com, the parts shopping has begun:
  • Happ Competition Joystick - Black
  • Happ Buttons - Green, yellow, red, black, white
  • Recycling a PSX Dual Shock for the PCB (from amazon.com)
  • 3/4" MDF board for the case (Lowes)
  • Still looking for artwork... gotta learn Photoshop
  • Will likely use Lexan for the top over the artwork
  • Hopefully my brother will let me use his tools. It's going to be hard to build this with my teeth.
  • 22 gauge stranded wire from Radio Shack
If you've got experience doing this sort of thing, feel free to chime in. That's what the comments are for. I'd like to find out sooner than later if I'm heading down the wrong path.

I'll continue to post updates and photos here as I make progress. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment